How long will this qualification take to complete?
This qualification can be achieved using a variety of teaching and learning methods including classroom-based delivery, and distance learning. The recommended learning hours for this qualification must be completed, with the GLH for this qualification being 55 hours.
Teaching time depends largely on the mode of delivery as well as the individual learner’s needs.
The qualification is available to learners aged 14 or over. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
How the qualification is assessed:
The assessment process involves the following:
1. Speaking, listening & communicating – This component will be internally assessed, in which learners must complete the following two assessed tasks:
- Presentation and Q&A (approximately 15 minutes)
- Group discussion (approximately 15 minutes)
2. Reading – Learners must complete one written examination. The examination is set, marked and moderated by Highfield Qualifications. Learners must answer a series of questions using two texts based on real-life contexts. (This is a one hour assessment)
3. Writing – Learners will need to complete one written examination that is set, marked and moderated by Highfield Qualifications. Learners must complete two writing tasks based on purposeful contexts. All tasks must be completed. (This is a one hour assessment)
The reading and writing examinations are available on demand. This is either an on-screen or a paper-based format.
On successful completion learners will receive a Functional Skills Level 1 in English (Reformed) certificate which is issued by Highfield Qualifications.
The individual price for the Functional Skills Level 1in English (Reformed) course is just £275 per person. The price includes a course book, note pad, pens, training pack, examination and certificate. There are no hidden fees.
We offer both open courses and group bookings. If you would like more information or wish to enquire about availability, please phone us free on 020 8301 4111 for more details.
We also provide training in the evenings, on Saturdays and on Sundays. We realise that our training needs to be flexible to meet our individual learners’ lifestyles as well as meet the needs of companies and organisations.