By the end of this training course learners will:
• Be able to define safeguarding
• Know key safeguarding legislation
• Be aware of key safeguarding roles
• Be able to state which agencies the safeguarding partnership consist of
• Know who within an organisation has responsibility for safeguarding
• Be aware of different types of abuse
• Know different types of abuse
• Be aware of signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
• Learner’s will know what action to take in the event of any safeguarding issues.
Learners will be able to give examples of indicators of the following types of abuse:
• Physical abuse
• Emotional abuse
• Sexual abuse
The qualification is available to learners aged 18 or over. No previous knowledge or experience in safeguarding is required to undertake this training programme.
How the qualification is assessed:
Learners are assessed on their knowledge by ongoing discussions throughout the training and a professional discussion with the trainer at the end of the course.
On successful completion learners will receive a Level 3 Award in Principles of Safeguarding and Protecting Children, Young People or Vulnerable Adults certificate which is issued by FAA. The qualification does not have an expiry date but it is essential you undertake refresher training and keep up to date with any changes to policies, procedures and new legislation through ongoing CPD is vital.
The individual price for the Level 3 Award in Principles of Safeguarding and Protecting Children, Young People or Vulnerable Adults course is just £65 per person. The price includes a course book, note pad, pens, training pack, examination and certificate. There are no hidden fees.
Discounted rates are available for groups with more than 5 candidates. We offer both open courses and group bookings. If you would like more information or wish to enquire about availability, please phone us free on 020 8301 4111 for more details.
We also provide training in the evenings, on Saturdays and on Sundays. We realise that our training needs to be flexible to meet our individual learners’ lifestyles as well as meet the needs of companies and organisations.