The Award in Education and Training Level 3
Price: £250 (plus VAT)
The Award in Education and Training Level 3 – 3 Day Classroom Based Course
The Award in Education and Training Level 3 (formally known as PTLLS) has been designed to provide an introduction to teaching for individuals who are working, or would like to work, within further education colleges, independent training providers and local authorities.
Understanding your own roles, responsibilities and boundaries in relation to teaching and training.
Understand appropriate teaching and learning approaches within a specialist area.
Understand, plan, deliver, observe and evaluate a micro teach session.
Understand the appropriate use of assessment methods.
Understand and analyse the need for accurate record keeping and procedures including the importance of both internal and external verification.
You must be above the age of nineteen and have a good grasp of written and spoken English. We also advise that you have good background knowledge of the course you are looking to teach.
How the qualification is assessed:
• Essay type assignments (theory assessment) – You will get guidance notes on how to answer the theory assignments to ensure you remain on track.
• The planning and delivery of a 15-30 minute micro-teaching session (practical assessment) – The practical micro-teaching session can be done on any topic of your choice. You will need to be part of at least an hour’s session duration. The remaining time of the session will be you conducting the observation of your peers.
On successful completion of the course, the delegate will receive an Award in Education and Training Level 3 certificate. Dynamo Concise Training also offer continuous support once you have qualified, including information about changes in legislation discounted prices on further courses as well as refresher courses.
The individual price for the Award in Education and Training course is just £250 (Plus VAT) per person. The price includes a course book, notepad, pens, training pack, examination and certificate. There are no hidden fees. You have 4 months from the start of the course to complete this course. If necessary we can arrange an extension payment plan. If you decide within 5 working days of starting the course that it is not for you we offer a no quibble refund (minus a £50 administration fee).
Discounted rates are available for groups with more than 6 candidates. We offer both open courses and group bookings. If you would like more information or wish to enquire about availability, please phone us free on 020 8301 4111 for more details.
We also provide training in the evenings, on Saturdays and on Sundays. We realise that our training needs to be flexible to meet our individual learners’ lifestyles as well as meet the needs of companies and organisations.
This course has been designed for:
• Individuals who work or wish to work as a teacher/trainer in the further education and skills sector.
• Individuals who are not currently in a teaching/training role. Or those who may have just started in a teaching role.
• Individuals who want to undertake a short qualification to enable them to make an informed career choice.
• Individuals who have previously achieved some learning and development units that can be carried forward into this qualification.
• Individuals who are currently working as assessors, that wish to progress to a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching/training.
• Individuals who wish to undertake CPD (Continuous Professional Development) to ensure that their knowledge and skills are up to date.